Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wizard of Oz

Link Background: Anthony has been SERIOUSLY obsessed with the Wizard of Oz for MONTHS now. When I saw that the American Family Theater had a production at Villa Montalvo, I knew we just had to go. I was a little nervous when the show started and I realized that the musical numbers were NOT the ones from the movie. It didn't matter, Anthony was enthralled. He was just enraptured through the whole show. Afterwards the cast came out for a meet and greet with the kids. Anthony had brought his "Wicked Witch of the East" action figure** and I'm positive he got extra time with the actors because of it. He was pretty nervous approaching the Wicked Witch, but eventually he came in for a hug. (Of course, I didn't manage to get the picture.) This evening he was asking to go see it again. Alas, it was a one day engagement. We might take him to see the Broadway touring production of Mary Poppins this summer. I think he'd enjoy it, though the show is MUCH longer. (This one was only an hour long.) **Dolls are cuddled and loved. Action figures get houses dropped on them. This one is an action figure.

No comments: