Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gymnastics Birthday Party

Today was a classmate's birthday party at a local gymnastics studio. Anthony is NOT at his best at "mommy and me" type events. He clings and doesn't participate. It is often a struggle to physically remove him from my leg at drop-off events (though he's fine once I'm out of sight), so I was a little worried how the event would go. I told him multiple times that he would go join the party and do gymnastics, while Mommy stayed with the other grown-ups.

Maybe it was the preparation, maybe I worry too much, probably both. He did GREAT! When it was time for the party to start he trotted out on the mat with his friends and had a great time! (I couldn't get too many pictures, though. If I approached he'd rapidly get clingy.)

I think the highlight of the party was jumping into the foam pit. Jumping on all the trampolines seemed like a lot of fun, too.

If you ask Anthony what his favorite part was, he'd say the ice cream cake.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: