Friday, December 14, 2012

A Good Friday

It wasn't the day I had expected, but it was a pretty nice day.

The plan:  Work in the morning, then company luncheon followed by an afternoon to myself, probably shopping.

Instead, I skedaddled (my new favorite word) out of the party immediately following dessert to go meet the refrigerator repair man.  I decided to pick Anthony up at preschool and have a holiday afternoon together.  It got off to a great start, with him jumping up and down at the treat of me picking him up.  We then dropped a donation off at the Ronald McDonald House and then went to the Stanford Center for adventure.  It worked out well, we had a nice visit with Santa.  No pictures, I'm cheap.  Santa did give Anthony a reindeer toy.

Then we did some shopping.  Key thing on the agenda was a star for the top of our Christmas tree.  We went to Pottery Barn first.  I didn't like the star, but I did like the Christmas tree skirt.  I gave it to Anthony to hold, hoping that he'd have his hands full and stop touching the beautiful glass ornaments at his level.  He decided the skirt made a cape and wore it out of the store.  He was so cute, everyone at the mall kept smiling at him.


We did find a nice star, at Macy's, on sale.  Then it was a dinner date and home to bed.

(Meanwhile, poor Daddy was in San Diego.)

Sorry, I've been lazy about posting, this was all LAST Friday!

No comments: