Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Old Friends/New Friends

I really wanted a babysitter for part of our trip, but i just wasn't comfortable leaving the boys with a complete stranger.  Then I had the "a-ha" moment and realized that one of my former scouts moved up to the Santa Rosa about 11 years ago.

I called up the family and they were happy to take on the boys.  The boys spent one evening at their house playing with Dana's daughter.  All three kids had a great time together.  Then Dana and her daughter came out and joined us on the walking part of the safari and kept Richie while we went on the jeep tour. 

 It was really nice seeing my scouts all grown up.  Her daughter was just precious and I really enjoyed getting to meet her.  A good part of the drive home Anthony was spotting random white SUVs and asking if that was his friend's car.

No comments: