Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Camping at Big Basin

 For my birthday this year we went camping at Big Basin State Park with some of my college friends.  It was a great time!  It took Anthony a few minutes to warm up to the other kids--older boys can make him nervous, but soon they were off playing together and having a great time.

  Richie, on the other hand, was clearly unconvinced that he wasn't one of them.  They climbed on rocks and trees, he climbed on rocks and trees...  They slept in a tent, he crawled around the tent until he collapsed in the corner out of sheer exhaustion.  The best part was that he thought EVERYTHING was funny.  The boy just couldn't stop giggling.  At one point he was sitting in the dirt, self-tanning and giggling up a storm.

  I left telling Bob I that I want to go back to Yosemite next year for my birthday.  He informed me that he was still recovering.

  We camped a LOT before Anthony was born.  We'll be doing more of it, I can tell.

No comments: