Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weekend In Omaha

So, we had our last weekend away without children!!!

Bob's cousin Matt got married in Omaha last weekend. It was a great weekend, the whole family was there. And, when dealing with Bob's family, the phrase "the whole family" means something!! There were over 400 people at the wedding, well over a third of that was family.

My sisters-in-law threw a really nice shower for us Friday night. I think there were close to 50 people there. Its really wonderful how supportive everyone is! I got the opportunity to spend time with some of his family that I'd never really talked to before like Sister Regina and T and Bob. I really am blessed to have joined such a welcoming family. Munchkin got some cute new clothes, lots with an airplane theme. My FIL also pulled Bob's old Tonka truck out of the basement. We're leaving that one in Omaha to play with there and brought home the new one for Munchkin when he gets big enough to play.

Jessica put together an album with the advice everyone has given us. I'd say that the best came from Dave who reminded us that babies should not use the automated litter box, no matter how cool it is. (I don't think we're going to let Uncle Dave babysit!)

No comments: