Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mama has issues with overkill

Today was my New Mom's Group's second birthday party. I volunteered to bring cupcakes and after a great deal of soul searching I decided on Cookie Monster. (Anthony still thinks he's Elmo.)

The cupcakes were actually ridiculously easy to decorate. I piped blue buttercream stars to cover each cupcake. The eyes are marshamallows cut in half topped with a dab of black gel for the pupils. Clearly the mouths are Oreos cut in half.

They are obviously homemade, but I think they came out very well!

I may do Elmo for his actual birthday, haven't decided yet.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elly said...

They are great. Ciaran knows who Elmo is (somehow, don't know how since he doesn't see any TV). He also calls cookie monster Elmo. It does sound cute in his little voice