Sunday, October 4, 2009

Two Years Old!!!

How on earth did it happen???

Honestly, though, his little lump of a newborn days do seem a long time ago now.

By the way, he blew out his candles on the first try--there are a lot of late summer birthdays at daycare so he clearly knew what was going on.

I haven't done a month by month update in a while, so here goes....

1. Talking. At his 18 month check-up little dude had zero words. I stopped counting about a month ago at 75. I'd guess that his word count has easily doubled since then. Hard to tell as there are too many to keep track of. In addition to quantity, he enunciates extremely well. Another parent at the park commented on how easy he was to understand; I was so proud! He's also using two and three word sentences, "I run again", "I wantone banana", "more book".

2. He's totally getting into pretend play. He feeds me, he feeds the cat (fake food with a spoon), he feeds his dolly out of his sippy cup. Its fun. We bought him a play kitchen for his birthday and I spent the morning eating pretend pancakes.

3. Social skills are great! He definitely enjoys his friends and talks about them when they are not here.

4. Size and weight. His check-up is in two weeks, I'll update then. He's pretty thin. His 18 month jeans from Children's Place are the right length but sag at the waist and are held up by his diaper. He's as tall as his friends who are 75% for height so we assume that's about where he is. He's a lot lighter than them, though.

5. Eating. All of a sudden he's become a pretty darn good eater. I mean variety, I don't worry about quantity as he eats the amount that he should eat. Tonight for dinner he ate spaghetti and meatballs and broccoli. He likes broccoli--I just lightly steam it and serve it plain, he just wolfs it down. He ate tamales for dinner last week and chowed down chow-fun noodles with black bean sauce the week before. Now, he does have plenty of days where he rejects the given dinner in favor of fruit, but that's okay. My greatest fear (I exaggerate slightly) is to raise the kid who only eats mac-cheese and nuggets.

Edited to add:
6. Ring Around the Rosie. (Pronounced "rodin???") Anthony's new favorite game, especially the falling down part. Its a bit dangerous--he came home from daycare a week ago with a big old scrape on his elbow. He was proud of the bandaid and eager to continue playing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: