Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Holloween (Part 3: Trick or Treat)

Of course, the highlight of our day was trick-or-treating. Anthony's pal Ciaran came with us for the first half of the night. They had a great time together. While Anthony was certainly motivated to get candy, he was totally fascinated by the decorations, especially the houses that had animatronic decorations. He got good and spooked a few times but always had to go back and investigate.

I think he was out for nearly an hour and a half total--Bob and I took turns so that we each got to share in the fun. Now, we did walk slowly and spend a lot of time admiring the decorations. Its a good thing Anthony brought in a good haul, though, as we ended up needing reserve candy.

I think we had a record number of trick-or-treaters this year. The main treat I gave out this year was books that I had bought at our library's used book sale. I think I had almost 40 books plus one bag of candy (about 45 pieces). We used up ALL of that! Then we started giving away Anthony's candy. He had a great time pulling candy out of his bag and putting it into the other kids bags. Don't worry, he still has plenty left!


No comments: