Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A highlight of our trip

Yet poor Anthony isn't in the picture. Nor do we have audio of him exclaiming "awesome" or yelling high to everyone and everything we saw on our stagecoach ride. ("Hi people", "Hi sign", "Hi mud")



I estimate that I've made at least 19 trips to Yosemite. At some point I decided that I wanted to do something new on each trip. This time our new adventure was to visit the Pioneer Village in Wawona. I'm not sure I even knew it was there before we started planning this trip.



Honestly, I wasn't too impressed. The buildings were authentic and furnished inside. But the doors were all shut so all you could do was peer into the windows of a dark room. The boys enjoyed playing in the powder stores/jail. It was DARK in there.



The real highlight was the "stagecoach" ride. It wasn't a stagecoach, it was a buggy. The boys still enjoyed it. A 15 minute ride was nice, but it felt like an uncomfortable way to travel.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: