Monday, August 22, 2011

Wormy Worm

Anthony was SO EXCITED about his first real garden project--a zucchini plant that yielded a single squash, that I decided we needed another project for fall.

We headed out to the nursery and came home with carrot seeds and sugar-snap pea seeds. Anthony had a great time planting them in our self-watering planter. Of course, now he examines the planter hourly trying to understand why they haven't sprouted yet. Patience, my boy, they tell me its a virtue.

While we were working in the yard, Anthony found a small worm. He named it Wormy Worm and carried it around for at least an hour while telling me how much he loved it.

The next morning I had a realization. He tells Bob and I that he loves us with the same degree of affection that he had for Wormy Worm.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: