Saturday, September 10, 2011

Palo Alto Airport Day



Today we headed up to the Palo Alto Airport for their annual airport day. We had a nice surprise in store for us. Bob took me over to meet his friend Paul, from the Beech Boys. They were just getting ready to take off for their big formation flight over the airport and he invited us to ride along in the lead plane. It was pretty neat. (Anthony was unimpressed. We'd just started talking about lunch and he didn't understand why he was riding the coolest Young Eagle flight EVER instead of eating a hotdog with mustard.)

In addition to planes to watch, they had volunteers from the Junior Museum showing off animals. I liked the hedgehog the best. They even had pony rides. The pony rides was by far Anthony's favorite part, we even let him ride twice--the pony once and the big horse once.

About lunch... After our airpline ride I got Anthony his hot dog with mustard. I ate off the MoGo truck. It was AMAZING. It was my first experience with gourmet catering truck food and I was impressed. The menu looked a bit strange, but I followed Bob's advice and took a leap of faith. It was worth it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: