Monday, November 7, 2011

Fun Day Off

I'm in the process of switching jobs and am taking the week off! I spent today doing all the things I normally CAN'T do. I started off by volunteering in Anthony's preschool class. I would say that it was nice seeing him in his natural environment, but my presence definitely disturbed things. Basically he was pretty darn clingy and FAR less cooperative than usual.

His teachers said he was doing well. He needs more work on his fine motor skills, and we're starting to make a conscious effort for that. Mrs. Rooney thinks he's on the verge of being able to read! I think she exaggerates, but he certainly enjoys saying words out loud and figuring out what letter it starts with. If he knows, for example, that Subway starts with "S", he can then find "Subway" on the package of apples.

After preschool we had lunch with Daddy and then headed home for some rest time. Then we met up with Ciaran at a local park for a few hours. The best part of Heritage Oaks park was the rock climbing area. They spent awhile climbing on the rocks and Anthony could make it all the way across the climbing ropes by himself.

He was pretty worn out by the end of the day.

No comments: