Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Place!


We rode the tandem + trailer in the Los Gatos Street Scramble today. Despite our late start and our team member who wanted to abandon the race for the playground we passed, "Bob, the Babe and the Boy" came in first place!

I'd hoped Anthony would be able to participate a little more than he did. Most of the "clues" were too hard for him. The numbers we had to spot were too high, or finding the last word on the first line of the plaque was just too tricky. And, of course, it was a race and Mama has a brutal competitive streak. (Even when I knew we had no chance due to our late start.) Well, we managed to beat the other team in our field of two. Yep, stomped the Boy Scouts.

I'm actually pleased with how we did. Bob and I worked well together as a team** and my navigating skills improved significantly over past events.

We're bit of a Street Scramble Powerhouse, if I don't say so myself. We won our first race with Janet (Bob and the Babes). I know we placed in our 2nd Millbrae Street Scramble. We're choosing to forget the San Francisco Day and Night (3hr, 6 hr and 12 hr options) where we were so late that we had zero points.

**If you overlook the part where we put the tandem rack on the car.

2 comments:

Elly said...

Like!

Tundra/Desert said...

Thanks for the writeup, Karin! Feedback is important to us, so we'll know to make future questions easier with Anthony's age group in mind.