Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Visiting Preschool


  Anthony has just been dying for me to come "help" at preschool again.  This is my last week off work, so today I left Richard at Kathleen's house and spent the afternoon at preschool.  We started off with some good dirt fun.  They have a 15 foot moat in progress, complete with water.  They spent all their bikeyard time working on it.

  Anthony has science every other week and I was lucky enough to be there on science day.  He introuced me to his science teacher and I mentioned that I was a scientist.  Teacher Mike asked him what I did, and Anthony answered that I make medicine to make people feel better.  I was so proud! 

This week they learned about gravity.  They did a bunch of experiments to see whether or not two objects hit the ground at the same time.  It was pretty funny.  You ask the kids, which will hit the ground sooner, a block or a stuffed animal.  They pick the block every time.  You do the experiment (they each got turns, too) and see that they hit the ground together.  Now, let's try a ball or a block.  Once again, the kids all say, "the block".  Entertaining lesson, but they're not believers yet.

No comments: