Monday, October 29, 2007

Visitors!


This weekend we had our first family visit since Anthony arrived. Grandma and Aunt Andrea (my mother and sister) came out for the weekend. They thought Anthony was pretty much the cutest thing ever. (Well, Auntie Andrea might prefer Kurt, but that's her bias since she is his mommy.)

They both thought he was incredibly well behaved. He actual was on his best behavior, very little fussing. Grandma was annoyed. I was a difficult baby and had colic. I think she was hoping for some payback.

We had a nice weekend. They arrived Saturday morning and we visited for awhile before lunch. Then after lunch we loaded Anthony up in his Baby Bjorn and went for a walk. First, though, Grandma made sure that Anthony was wearing his socks and hat. We had a nice walk in the neighborhood and visited an open house. (They were asking 1.2 million for a newer 4-bedroom-2 1/2-bath house with a postage-stamp yard.)

Besides visiting with Anthony, the weekend was all about food. I did a grocery store run on Saturday when I was hungry, BIG mistake. In addition to a freezer-full of ice cream (which we didn't eat), I bought two kinds of cake. Mom also made sticky-buns for breakfast Sunday morning. Sunday we also went to the farmer's market and I came home with strawberries that didn't get eaten. (I'll have no problem eating those.) Sunday we also had dim-sum with Alex before the shower. And, there was ice-cream cake at the shower. We put Auntie Andrea and Grandma on the airplane Sunday night. None of us needed dinner after the weekend's gluttony. Gosh, I feel like this could be straight out of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".

Posted by Picasa

No comments: