Sunday, May 4, 2008

Seven Months Old Today

Little dude is seven months old today.

His biggest accomplishment this month is definitely food. As far as I can tell, if it is pureed he will eat it. So far, Anthony has taken a liking to: squash, sweet potatoes, prunes, pears, apricots, bananas, pears, peas, broccoli and green beans. I have an avocado to try soon, and maybe even some mango.

He can't handle chunks yet, as I learned the time I put fork mashed banana in his mouth.

I've started putting fingerfood like cheerioes on his tray and he'll pick them up and won't even try to put them in his mouth. I don't quite understand why not? Everything else goes in. He doesn't have a pincer grasp yet, though.

Anthony's other new trick is learning to walk while holding on to someone's hands. He tends to need a motivation, such as chasing the cat or going for the toys at daycare. I've got it on video and will post soon.

Other achievements this month include discovering his feet. They don't go in his mouth either, yet. He's also trying out a few new sounds. He isn't blowing raspberries, exactly, but blowing through pursed lips.

What he doesn't do yet: object permanence. Its pretty funny. I'll wave his little crab toy around and he'll get totally excited. He'll watch me put it under a cloth and he'll be completely bewildered. No idea at all what happened to the toy. Just disappeared. Gone. He doesn't understand what is so fun about peek-a-boo yet, either.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

liffey said...

sounds so much like liam at 7 mo! no feet in the mouth, loves pears (and really all food) and a little bit of walking. the walking took a bit of time to motivate him, but he's off and running now! his first birthday is memorial day.