Sunday, May 31, 2009

Big Basin Part 2

Well, we didn't get the best night sleep. I don't blame Anthony for most of it. There was a kid in another site coughing all night. After spending quite a few nights listening to Anthony cough I seem to be a little hyper-sensitive to it. Unfortunately I didn't have his inhaler with us, otherwise I'd have gone over to offer it to that poor family.

I was already awake (way too early) when Anthony woke up unhappy about being in the pack and play in the tent. I just pulled him out and he happily went back to sleep next to me. Of course, that meant I had no pillow as I was a little worried about suffocation. And, of course, the poor kid in the ajacent site was still coughing!

Anthony woke up a little early and we let him play in the other room of the tent. He had some fun with Daddy's hat. Then he discovered that he could zip and un-zip the tent door. He spent quite awhile doing that. Next thing I knew, he reached out and brought a whole pile of dirt and leaves inside to play with. Groan!
The bottom picture is Anthony standing inside a big stump that was at the entrance to our camp. The older boys made it into their treehouse and spent hours playing on it!

Summary of our trip report: I'll do it again in an instant! Anthony had so much fun playing in the woods and was a real trooper.

What I'd change: Pack and play is of dubious utility. I think one enormous air mattress with room for 3 might be more useful.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: