Friday, May 1, 2009

Yummy New Treat!

This year I finally signed up for a CSA box from Blue Moon Organics. For those unfamiliar with the concept, basically I commit ahead of time to a weekly produce box from the farm. Every week I pick up my box and it contains that week's fresh fruits and vegetables. I get whatever is in peak of season that week. I get a "fruit centric" box, so I get a hefty helping of fruit--currently strawberries. Its changing how I cook--after I pick up my box on Thursdays I can then plan my menus for the week. I'm having a lot of fun, trying some new recipes and getting out of the broccoli/zucchini/green salad rut.

For quite some time, Anthony has refused to eat vegetables at home. (He'll still eat them at daycare.) However, he has a certain fondness for whatever is on his friend Robert's counter. Earlier this week, Robert's Mom Sarah was shelling peas. Anthony wanted them. He ate a few and decided that raw peas out of the shell were okay.

We came home and shelled a few of the sugar snap peas I had in the refrigerator. (My box this week and last week contained a pound of sugar-snaps.) He loved them.
Then I discovered that he also enjoyed eating the whole thing raw. Only issue is that it took him forever to munch up all that fiber. Meanwhile, he drooled chlorophyll all over his collar.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: