Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Things Richie Does

Richard is going through a positively adorable phase.  Pretty much everyone who meets him comments on how cute he is.

Things that generally crack me up (and sometimes make me roll my eyes):
1.  His utter faith that I can fix things.  His sandwich breaks in half, he says "Mommy, fix it" and is SURE I can fix it.

2.  His temper.  When he gets made he jumps up and down screaming.  Not exactly endearing, but it cracks me up.  Yes, I know I shouldn't laugh at him when he's so angry.

3.  His little baby voice.  He'll ask a question, I answer it, and he'll repeat back the answer in his little high pitched voice.

4.  Baby talk.  Its rapidly disappearing, though.  Every week after church he looked forward to getting "lade" (lemonade) during social hour.  This week he asked for "lemonade".

5.  Fascination with "shooters".  I could do without that one.  A few weeks ago I was telling him what to expect at the dentist.  His response, "I no want dentist to look at my teeth.  I chase dentist with my shooter!"  It was downright funny watching him battle it out with Anthony the other day.  Anthony had his wand and was in dueling form.  Richard had a shooter made of legos and was shooting away.

6.  In the mornings, he generally just sits up and waits for us to come get him.  A strong contrast from last fall when he learned to climb out of his crib.  Then he would go wandering the house in the night!  When he learned that coming to our room meant being sent back to bed, he started going to play with Anthony instead!

7.  His tongue.  If something icky is on it (banana string, for example), he sticks it out for me to remove the offending item.  I've lost track of the number of things I've wiped off the kid's tongue.

1 comment:

Momma said...

I had no idea any of that was going on. Now I know. Love seeing them on the way to school and work in the morning. Makes my day start off right. I keep smiling for blocks.