Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm good at sleeping!

Anthony is turning out to be a very good sleeper. He naps really nicely during the day (at least some of the time.) I've instituted a 3-yawns and you're out rule. After the third yawn, he gets swaddled and goes into his crib. Even though his little eyes are wide open when I put him down, he's usually asleep within minutes.

At night we're doing very well. (Although publishing this is sure to ruin everything.) Typically we'll top him off between 9 and 10:30. Then he'll sleep until 3 or 4am. A quick feed and re-swaddle and I'm back in bed within 30 minutes. He'll babble for 5 or 10 minutes, but then he'll fall back asleep and sleep until 7 or even 7:30. Not bad for a little guy who's not even two months old.

Note: He is indeed a bear if he doesn't get his naps in. Thanksgiving we went to the Tech Museum to see the Body Worlds exhibit. It was a very cool exhibit, but he hadn't napped properly in the morning. Then by afternoon he was FUSSY and too tired and overstimulated to sleep in his Baby Bjorn. Eventually I put a receiving blanket over his head and he was out, just like I'd covered a birdcage. He was AWFUL that evening. We'll be better about naps in the future.

BTW, the exhibit was neat. I highly recommend seeing it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: