Sunday, February 3, 2008

Anthony's First Babysitter

Well, his first babysitter that wasn't family.

Bob and I renewed our season tickets to AMTSJ last spring. We sold our tickets to Cabaret as he was only two weeks old for that show.

Saturday night was Little Shop of Horrors and we were determined to go.

I'm not quite ready to hire a teenage babysitter for him. Nor am I ready to pay the going rate of $8-$10 dollars an hour. But, our neighbor Sarah kind of owed me as I did an emergency babysitting for her oldest back in December.

I was a little worried how it would go as I hadn't gotten him into bed when she arrived at 7:15. I had this vision of him fussing all night and her never being willing to sit again. (When I sat for them, it was just her two year old, we had a lovely time at our house for awhile, then I put her to bed and read for a few hours.)

It went perfectly! She bounced him for awhile, he fell asleep, he stayed asleep. She had an evening to read, a break from her two kids, and we had a great night out.

I think we'll need to do it again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: