Thursday, December 30, 2010

Decorating Christmas Cookies

I'd meant to help Anthony decorate Christmas cookies before the holiday, but like so many other things... Well, we're still on Christmas vacation and its still the Christmas season so we invited the Donahues over to decorate cookies.

Like many projects with kids, this was about the process, rather than the end result. The process was generally enjoyed, except for Anthony's discovery that a spoonful of non-pareils was not as yummy as he'd expected. My favorite part of the process was watching the kids glop on icing, scrape it off with their fingers and then lap it up.

I have no interest in eating ANY of these cookies!

By the way, my technique for handling the icing worked very well. I made a bunch of pastry bags 1/4 full of royal icing in a variety of colors. I twisted the top very tight and fastened them with rubber bands. I just snipped off the tip and we were good to go. It worked SO much better than using ziploc bags like we did last year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: