Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Songs with a Twist

I love hearing Anthony sing, what he lacks in skill he makes up with in enthusiasm.

Tonight while he was supposed to be falling asleep, I was treated to a version of Jingle Bells:
"Jingle bells, jingle bells, batmanmobile (something uninteligible) wheel"
Obviously, I know he's singing the childhood parody of Jingle Bells, but he was still a bit off.

Sunday during lunch:
"A mungus whale, a mungus whale, a mungus whale..." The same line over and over again.
Bob and I puzzled that one for awhile when I thought to ask, "Is it a humongous whale?" Anthony confirmed my guess and continued on singing about the "mungus whale", occasionally adding in a second line.

The Christmas program is a week from Tuesday. I still don't know what he's going to be singing, as he hasn't shared with me. He pretty much sang all the songs at the Halloween pageant, so I assume he'll be singing like a pro on stage.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elly said...

Ciaran is singing Jingle Bells, too! Is the whale thing from Slippery Fish? Ciaran turns 'gulp, gulp, gulp' to 'gult, gult, gult'. I think it's funny.