Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baking Cookies

At Christmas a neighbor gave us one of those homemade jars of cookie mix that you just add butter and eggs, mix and bake. I set it aside at the time as we had more sweets than we knew what to do with.

Anthony noticed the jar on the counter earlier this week and asked what it was. I told him it was for making cookies and said we'd do it this weekend.

I have to say, it was the best baking experience ever. Three ingredients to measure (1 stick of butter, one jar of mix, one egg). Then we got to use the mixer and my cookie dough scoop. It made one dozen (large) cookies and then we were done. Perfect for Anthony's attention span.

The only bummer: the cookies came out round instead of flat. Cue temper tantrum about wanting flat cookies. (Yes, Mom, you can remind me about my tantrum at this age about my sandwich being cut on the diagonal instead of into rectangles.) They were pretty tasty, though.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: