Sunday, January 16, 2011

Big Boy Bed

He's not a baby anymore. No more diapers and we finally took apart the crib yesterday. I wasn't really in a hurry, he was perfectly happy in the crib and I didn't want to disrupt his sleep any more than it has been since he figured out how to get out.

We spent a few days talking up the big boy bed ahead of time and Anthony wasn't terribly enthusiastic about the idea, he liked his crib. However, once we got his bed made up with his favorite blankets he was happy to try it out.

Bedtime went as smoothly (or non-smoothly) as ever. Middle of the night was another story. He woke up around 5:00 (probably earlier) upset because his clock was dark--he'd unplugged it and the battery ran out. I got the nightlight going again, then he kept coughing because of his cold. Did the nebulizer, went potty, got a drink of water... I finally ended up in bed with him and neither of us got much sleep. I can't decide if I should try and pat and smooth him or just lay down and play dead. I generally prefer to play dead.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: