Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shoes with Lights

The picture doesn't do this justice. We're talking pure, unadulterated joy!

Anthony has wanted shoes with lights for a LONG time. I bought his last shoes in August, they were cute, and he especially liked the pair with laces. Then two days later W came to daycare wearing shoes with lights. Anthony looked at me sadly and said that his shoes didn't have lights. Darn near broke my heart. Ciaran and Robert both have new shoes with lights and Anthony wanted them BAD.

I told him Sunday that his new shoes (I ordered them on-line) would be arriving soon. Tuesday night I told him they'd be here tomorrow night. Then Wednesday morning when we went to get the paper they were on the porch! We put them on right away and he had so much fun stomping around making the lights go. It was so much fun.

When I picked him up at daycare that night he came running to me, then stopped in mid-run to admire the lights. Jessica told me he'd been doing that all day.

For those who care, they are Stride Rite Eoraptors. They are modeled after dinosaurs and even the dinosaurs eye (on the velcro) strap lights up. They were also the least ugly of the light-up shoes. Oh, and size 9 1/2.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: